Who doesn’t want that soft, charming, rosy, gorgeous and kissable lips? Tell me… Absolutely no one. There is no doubt that lips are one of the most appealing features of especially woman’s face and absolutely, men are not excluded. Just the same way the size of your eyes and nose would change your facial look, the colour of your lips has that same power too. Soft pink lips does not only improve your appearance or make one looks more beautiful, but it is also a sign of a healthy lips.
Obviously some people do have soft pink lips naturally and some don’t. Those who have it naturally have little to zero effort to bring back the natural colour of their lips and those who doesn’t, can lighten up their lips to make it looks pink. However, constant use of chemically-made lipsticks and lip balms make the lips go dark and flaky. Before we dive into steps of making pink lip balm at home, let’s look into factors that often make our lips go dark:
Lips can get darken due to various factors like stress, low blood circulation, lifestyle habits which includes smoking, drugs and the likes. Dehydration also contributes to darkening of the lips; the lips tend to go dark when it’s not regularly hydrated. Like I have hinted earlier, consistent use of lip cosmetic or products also makes the lips look flaky and obviously, prolonged exposure to the sun rays has nothing good to offer your lips than darkening it.
How to get pink lips at home naturally
There are many ways to get pink lips; both natural and artificial. Artificial ways include scrubbing the lips, undergoing plastic surgery, or peeling, which can cause a serious harm on your lips in the long run. Therefore, this article will not focus on artificial techniques since it’s expensive and cannot be done at home, but will only focus on getting pink lips with a homemade lip balm.
This homemade balm is a natural remedy for getting pink lips; a balm that doesn’t require so many ingredients but some very common and easy-fetched ingredients. The pink lips balm can be made by just two lips balm ingredients (Beetroot and Coconut Oil) and this is a simple natural homemade lip gloss or balm that can effectively give you that stunning rosy pink lips, effortlessly.
- 2 Beetroots ( Medium-sized red or pink will do)
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (Petroleum Jelly can be used in place)
- Water (Although, only little will be needed)
Steps to make natural lips balm for pink lips at home
The steps below will guild you through on how to make pink lips balm with natural ingredients.
1. Get two medium-sized beetroots and rinse them with water. You can add salt to clearly rinse them if they seem roughly stained. The beetroots can be bought from a vegetable shop.
2. Completely peel off the pericarp of the rinsed beetroots and cut it into smaller pieces. You can as well grate it into smaller strands and then blend the whole pieces of the beetroots into a smooth paste. This can be blended without actually adding water, but to make it easier to blend, you can add a few drops of water; just few drops. After peeling the beetroots, they should look like the image bellow.
3. The juice has to be squeezed out, because that’s exactly what we need from the beetroots’ paste and a good strainer can help in doing that. Make sure to squeeze out all the water from the paste until you are left with only the fiber. You can squeeze out the juice by pressing the paste against the strainer with a spoon or your fingers, just do as it convenience – your choice. The fibers can be disposed or used for other cosmetic purposes – like turning it into a powder and then use for face mask.
4. Again, you have to restrain the juice. But this time, with a strainer of tinier holes just like that of cheesecloth in order to make sure the juice has no residual of the fiber.
5. it’s time to boil the strained juice. Pour the juice into a pan and place it on fire to boil it. Stir regularly while boiling to prevent the juice from drying out too quickly. Within 5 to 10 minutes, you should notice the water reducing and the juice thickening as it boils; keep heating until the juice reduces to 1 or 2 tablespoon and obviously thickens.
6. Stop heating and pour the thicken juice into a small container to cool.
7. Into the paste, add a tablespoon of coconut oil, as I have said earlier, petroleum jelly can be used in place and mix afterward to have a paste of beet juice and coconut oil. Make sure the content is thoroughly mixed together.
8. The paste can now be poured into a small lip balm container and allow to chill. You can as well put the container in the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool. Once chilled, it will become smooth and thick like the regular lip balm and should look like the one in this image.
9. With the simple steps above, you have just made your homemade lip balm for natural pink lips and it’s ready to be used. Remember, regular application of this on your lips will yield maximum result in short time.
The lips balm can last for approximately 3 months without preservatives.. If you have any question, comment or suggestion about the article, please don’t hesitate to voice out through the comment section. Share to your friends and social medial, because that pink lips look good on everyone.. smile